By Eric Kirchhoefer, Vice President, Product sales & National Accounts, ABM Industries
A s the planet is opening back again up, manufacturing needs are ramping perfect up with it back again. In conversations with this clients – a few of the biggest manufacturers working across numerous, varied industries – we’re noticing a troubling already, post-pandemic trend.
They’re telling us that it’s been immensely difficult to rehire or “staff up” internally as their plants and facilities increase capacity to meet up consumer demand. This trend is compounded by the record-low unemployment rates for janitorial work and an over-all overall labor shortage.
But, there’s very good news: Manufacturers don’t have to go it alone. Actually, with outsourcing, they are able to have access to as much trained and certified workers as needed at their manufacturing unit having the ability to scale as their output increases.
Why Outsourced Integrated Facility Services (IFS) Work So Well
Along with managing your industrial, manufacturing, or distribution facilities, you’ve got a primary job to accomplish: Running your organization efficiently. From factory warehouse and floor to split rooms, restrooms, parking and cafes lots, can you say confidently that each square foot is looked after properly? Maybe, but that’s not your primary focus, nor should it need to be.
Outsourcing is definitely the solution that allows you to concentrate on your core business problems while leaving the secondary duties, like facility services, to a separate expert. As industry transitions from the pandemic, it’ll become a lot more important your buildings are being set you back your standards in a cost-effective way.
That’s where a skilled IFS provider like ABM will come in to strategically direct all of your facility operations, self-performing nearly all solutions and integrating their group into your manufacturing facility literally. ABM teams work to get rid of or minimize subcontractors significantly, and as a complete result, efficiencies increase, quality standards are met over the board, facility management is simplified, as well as your job becomes easier.
This process elevates your role while still keeping you completely control. The requirements are set by you; you see reports from consolidated, comprehensive data; you understand who’s employed in your facilities. But additionally you’ve got a partner working right alongside you throughout everything to ensure everything exceeds your expectations for the facilities.
Key BENEFITS OF IFS
The proper IFS partner will build service programs tailored to your targets and can maximize your facility’s safe practices, functionality, and value. You’ll rest assured consistent quality, reliability, and sustainability in every areas touched by the IFS provider which has the infrastructure set up to provide:
- One purpose/vision that matches your culture/goals for several services in your facilities
- Deep expertise across all services provided
- Consistent training and processes in accordance with industry guidelines
- Flexibility to adapt staffing to your organization needs and cycles
- Proactive initiatives, anticipating your preferences and preventing problems
- Sustainable, compliant practices over the board
- Quality standards, accurate and benchmarked data with detailed key performance indicators (KPIs)
- One technology platform: Consolidated data, transparency, improved forecasting
- Business continuity planning
When business cycles dictate, the IFS provider can manage costs down throughout a downturn and crank up efficiently whenever your business is booming. Staffing and services are scaled to the requirements of the business as time passes and extended or contracted geographically as required.
Improve Cost Control With IFS
The IFS approach directs more facility services dollars to actual service costs and streamlines labor management. This, subsequently, achieves the following for the facility:
- Reduces overhead and fees – The more providers you need to manage, the more you may spend upon various and administrative other smooth costs. The IFS model funnels more of one’s spend towards labor and reduces the margin that’s allocated to fees, management, and overhead costs.
- Enables smart labor utilization – Labor makes up about 55-65% of the expense of delivering facility services. Having an IFS model, associates are cross-utilized to effectively fulfill staffing needs, reducing the necessity for subcontracted labor.
- Offers a holistic view – A completely integrated reporting plan can encompass the complete scope of one’s facilities services program, which reduces errors and improves efficiency. You’re permitted by these insights to find out which areas, if any, need improvement.
Counting on one provider gives you better consistency, stricter adherence to service level agreements and improved governance. These outcomes result in improved occupant satisfaction, employee engagement and cost control.
The Proof Is In The Polish (And Production) BECAUSE OF THIS Major Automobile Manufacturer
Here’s how among the leading vehicle manufacturers on earth evaluated and adopted an outsourced style of facility services with measurable results.
After years of in-house janitorial service, among the world’s top manufacturers of automobiles, cargo trucks, buses, watercraft, and construction equipment looked to ABM as a specialist replacement in the company’s northeastern U.S. production facilities.
And today, for six counting and yrs, ABM has integrated across five production sites and among a large number of team members to supply expert cleaning, engineering, landscaping, and much more task-specific services as you successful team.
In a nutshell, we went from an in-house janitorial program provider to operating an outsourced IFS model as of this global auto manufacturer . Which is just one of these of the a lot more than 400 manufacturing facilities that depend on ABM’s solutions.
Ease Your Maintenance Burden
When considering all of the job responsibilities existing beyond running your core business, you might call IFS the cure for all you facilities-related frustrations. That’s because, to an IFS expert, facility problems are fascinating puzzles to resolve.
Studying your facilities holistically, an IFS expert can build value for you personally by cutting your operating costs while maintaining your buildings clean, comfortable and energy conserving. For those who have multiple locations, the proper IFS provider are designed for all of them.
ABM is working as a strategic IFS partner for an evergrowing set of manufacturing facilities in diverse industries, including industry leaders. This permits ABM to generate customized approaches not only for manufacturing but also for the specific needs of one’s facility and industry.
Desire to read more about how exactly ABM might help get people back again to work? Just click here .