Work : Lawful
Major Location : Africa & Center East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Plan : Full-period
Employee Position : Permanent
Posting Day : 11/Sep/2021, 5:10:20 AM
Unposting Time : 25/Sep/2021, 5:59:00 PM
About Standard Chartered
We are a respected international bank centered on helping companies and folks prosper across Asia, Africa and the center East.
To us, good performance is a lot more than switching a profit about. It’s about showing the way you embody our valued behaviours – do the proper thing, better rather than settle – along with our brand promise collectively, For good here.
We’re focused on promoting equality at work and generating an inclusive and versatile tradition – one where everyone can realise their complete potential and create a positive contribution to your organisation. Therefore helps us to supply better support to your broad clientele.
The Function Responsibilities
- Possesses technical understanding of the legal scenery for Financial Marketplaces (“FM”) with a specific concentrate on Credit, Structured Credit score, Structured Products, Credit score linked products, Structured Information along with other bespoke credit options.
- Lead and take obligation for providing legal services, support and assistance to sections and stakeholders on all legal matters associated with FM.
- Support Team strategic initiatives to lessen Cost of Money (CoF)/entice dollar liabilities.
- Maintain near relationships with stakeholders like the Regional Common Counsels and FM Company Heads to supply them with related legal services, guidance and support.
- Promote a lifestyle and exercise of compliance with lawful standards (including conducting company within lawful and regulatory needs, with high ethical specifications).
- Lead through illustration and build a proper values and culture. Set a proper tone and anticipations for the FM Legal group in Africa and Center East (AME) in regards to good conduct.
- Help embed and implement worldwide legal criteria for FM considering regional/country issues.
- Help to make sure that regulatory reform/adjustments are properly assessed within Lawful from a FM influence perspective and that any regulatory reform is usually properly escalated and managed.
- Person in a united group providing FM related legal services with respect to services and FM initiatives.
- Provide transactional support to FM company having regard to Item Programme Authorisation. (PPG)/Nation Addenda (CA) parameters and, if relevant, the Group’s minimum requirements and assistance for the relevant item(s) or services(s).
- Become lead lawyer for complicated multi-jurisdictional FM dealings across various asset lessons which includes rates, fx, credit score, Islamic, commodities, collaborating along with the relevant regional plus/or country Mind of Legal to supply seamless support in order to the continuing business.
- Use Product along with other stakeholders to construction and define parameters for services and initiatives and create template lawful documentation.
- Knowing of the wider business, financial and market environment where the combined group operates.
- Drive enhancements to documentation procedures and develop template lawful documentation for FM companies which are fit for objective and promote standardisation over the Group.
- Implement worldwide initiatives and specifications for legal matters with regards to all FM businesses, including the Bank’s place on departures from regular clauses, and using a consistent method of management of issues, specifically, to matters associated with regulatory reform.
- Help and oversee internal legal, exterior legal company and counsels groups supporting/functioning within FM, and travel operational efficiencies/enhancements.
- Promote knowing and clarity of FM documentation within the FM groups and if required, to conduct relevant education to FM groups around documentation.
- Identify and discover ways to decrease reputational and legal danger.
- Control the price and quality of lawful services supplied by external law firms.
- Be familiar with and understand the wider company, economic and market atmosphere where the Group operates.
- User interface with country lawful and compliance on regional regulatory issues.
- Help out with procuring that appropriate types of legal documents are employed for transactions with sufficient protections and treatments for the Bank, and help administration determine that dealings are legitimate and enforceable beneath the statutory laws of most relevant jurisdictions.
- Become Risk Handle Owner Delegate beneath the Group’s Risk Administration Framework for Financial Marketplaces processes where Legal may be the second line Danger Handle Owner for FM in your community (pe-dealing/misselling).
- Provide leadership and training to more junior people of the team in order to be extremely engaged and perform with their potential.
- Promote greatest lessons and exercise learned over the FM Legal team, especially with regards to legal compliance and dangers with relevant regulations and internal policies/procedures.
- Talk to stakeholders regularly to solve road and difficulties blocks with litigant centric approach.
- Become Risk Handle Owner for Lawful Enforceability and Liability Dangers arising with regards to FM transactions, whiles outlined beneath the Operational Danger Framework and associated processes and policies.} Including but not limited by the following, if appropriate:
- Awareness and knowledge of the regulatory framework where the Lender operates and the regulatory specifications and expectations highly relevant to role.
- Operationalization of OTC regulatory agenda for FM business
- Help the implementation of the Bank’s OTC regulatory reform program for FM through instruction.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary carry out and live by the Team’s Code and Ideals of Conduct.
- Take personal obligation for embedding the best standards of ethics, which includes regulatory and company conduct, across Regular Chartered Bank. This consists of understanding and making sure compliance with, in spirit and letter, all applicable laws, rules, recommendations and the combined team Code of Conduct.
- Effectively, escalate, mitigate and resolve danger, compliance and conduct matters.
and collaboratively determine
- Head, Legal Financial Marketplaces, AME
- Regional Common Counsels, AME
- FM LMT
- Regional Company Heads of FM Product sales and Structuring and groups
- Regional FM Business COOs and group
- TCRM, Compliance, Governance
- Regional MANCO
- FM PGC Representatives
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Nation, Business or Functional procedures and policies
- Use Senior Management to build up and roll out approved strategy
- Support a culturally diverse team across functions and geographies
- Keen understanding and knowing of seamless co-ordination at Regional and Product level
- Maintain high standards of professional integrity
Connect with join the Bank for all those with big career ambitions now.
To view info on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Apply for this job Click here