A study assistant position can be acquired with Dr Muhammad Tariq Shafiq (Department of Architectural Engineering) within the faculty of Engineering, UAE University.
The research will establish a life-cycle model for infrastructure projects using Building Information Models that digitally integrates processes and enables the usage of predictive analytics, through the operations and maintenance phase of a secured asset particularly. The research will undoubtedly be evaluating the relevance of the developed model and its own capability to accommodate real-time interactions between your physical built assets and its own digital counterpart. Emergent out of this process will undoubtedly be technologies and tools which might offer enhanced opportunities to intelligently manage the built assets using digital models.
The extensive research position is supported by way of a grant from UAE University, initially for 12 months and will be continued to maximum 24 months at the mercy of the satisfactory performance of the study assistant.
The successful candidate must have
- An initial degree in architectural engineering, Civil Engineering or perhaps a related discipline. Candidates having an educational background in education and science experience with 3D-Models will undoubtedly be required.
- Practical experience with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks
- Maximo or similar FM software is desirable highly.
- Strong analytical and academic writing skills
- Applicants with published work will undoubtedly be given preference.
- MSc in Construction Project Management or perhaps a related field closely.
- Candidates with a need to enroll into PhD program at UAEU will be preferred.
- Programming experience with Unity and C# Game Engine
- Experience with Maximo or perhaps a similar FM software
- Willingness to go to and collect data from live construction site
- Commitment to strong ethics in research and academic integrity
Apply for this job Click here