PPSPower will be proud to announce its appointment by Nationwide Grid to provide specialist power providers at the gasoline compressor station in Felindre, near Swansea in Southern Wales.
The website is area of the Southern Wales Fuel Pipeline – the UK’s largest high-pressure gas pipeline, that was constructed to assist meet up with the UK’s future power needs. Beginning with the compressor station at Felindre, the 197-mile pipeline operates to Corse, close to Tirley within Gloucestershire, where it connects with the prevailing gas pipeline system.
PPSPower, among the UK’s largest & most respected suppliers of power options, will be changing an alternator on the 1,500kVa generator, which sustained severe damage once the generator shut down rigtht after the activation of a temperature detector throughout a load test.
The scope of functions includes:
- Getting rid of the generator’s exhaust at the fuel compressor station in Felindre.
- Providing the right crane to raise the entire generator onto transportation, with shipping to PPSPower’s bottom in Sherburn-in-Elmet on the outskirts of Leeds.
- Changing the alternator, which include:
- Replacing current MCCBs and installing brand new ACBs
- Installing brand new power cables, which includes HDG ladder racking cable connection containment
- Delivering, off-loading and positioning a 1350kW long lasting load bank that may immediately apply ‘dummy load’ once the generator is gently loaded throughout a mains power outage.
- Changing the prevailing obsolete DSE 5520 motor controller with DSE 7420 motor controller.
- Performing the ongoing health verify of the engine manage module and engine.
- Cleaning and getting rid of rust from the surface of the canopy/exhaust and utilize heat-resistant paint.
- On completion of the ongoing functions, carrying out a complete demonstration of the operational program, including a two-hr load bank check at our workshop.
- This load bank test will be repeated on site.
PPSPower will deliver the generator to the gasoline compressor station in Felindre after that, fitting it in its initial position back, and refitting the exhaust.
Stephen Peal, Handling Director of PPSPower, mentioned:
‘We’re thrilled to be dealing with Nationwide Grid on a task which will see PPSPower changing a seriously damaged alternator on the 1500kVA generator. This can enable the procedure to come back to full capability.
“Nationwide Grid does a lot of essential function in transporting fuel within the united kingdom via its pipeline system. To do this requires a large amount of strategic planning effectively, with support from the large provide chain. We have been proud to participate supplying chain and enjoy our component in ensuring gas is still distributed safely and successfully.”