COVID-19’s emergence in 2020 upended lifestyle in senior living communities across THE UNITED STATES and managed to get more vital than ever before to nurture wellness for residents and staff. Many communities have embraced wellness as a culture shift within the last decade, prioritizing wellness-and its pursuit-as an important life-style. The International Council on Active Aging® (ICAA) and NuStep, LLC, have honored 25 communities and recognize their “Best in Wellness” achievements with the 2020 ICAA NuStep Beacon Award.
ICAA, a specialist association leading, connects, and defines the active-aging industry, supports professionals and organizations that develop wellness environments and services for adults over 50. NuStep is really a leading manufacturer of recumbent cross-trainers found in healthcare, senior living, and fitness settings. In 2019, both of these organizations launched their joint annual awards program to spotlight “Best in Wellness” achievements in North America’s senior living communities. A culture of wellness permeates community life, supporting residents and staff in engaging as as you possibly can in every of life’s dimensions fully. The award is presented to communities that successfully foster a wellness culture and a host that supports wellness for several who live and work there.
Wellness And Senior Living
ICAA defines wellness as “produced from our capability to understand, act and accept upon our capacity to lead a purpose-filled and engaged life.” Whenever we do, “we are able to embrace our potential…to pursue and optimize possibilities” in life’s key dimensions: emotional, physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, vocational, and environmental. These dimensions improve standard of living if they are prioritized and nurtured all together.
“This is a pleasure to honor the very best 25 wellness communities,” says Jane Benskey, marketing and sales communications specialist at NuStep. “Their recognition of the worthiness and need for creating cultures where wellness isn’t a scheduled program in an area, but a means of life rather, is having a confident and lasting effect on many lives.” Adds Benskey, “The momentum toward wellness was influenced by innovative leaders, thinkers, and doers. The Beacon Award will recognize those that continue to lead the true way.”
ICAA’s Founder and CEO Colin Milner notes, “By identifying winning communities as leaders in creating cultures of wellness, the Beacon Award offers a powerful tool for recruiting staff, attracting new investors, or adding extra prestige to marketing materials. Each recipient receives a crystal award trophy to show – symbolic of excellence to inspire residents and staff daily.”
The 2020 “Best in Wellness” ICAA NuStep Beacon Award winners are the following. The very best five communities – John Knox Village of Florida, Lakeview Village, Masonic Village at Elizabethtown, Maravilla Santa Barbara, and Sunnyside Retirement Community – have the ICAA NuStep Pinnacle Award because of their particularly exceptional contributions, carrying on NuStep’s vision in a reenvisioned joint program.
1. John Knox Village of Florida (Pompano Beach, Florida)
2. Lakeview Village (Lenexa, Kansas)
3. Masonic Village at Elizabethtown (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania)
4. Maravilla Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, California)
5. Sunnyside Retirement Community (Harrisonburg, Virginia)
6. Splendido At Rancho Vistoso (Tucson, Arizona)
7. Tapestry Arbutus Walk (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
8. Tapestry Village Gate West (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
9. The Forest at Duke (Durham, NEW YORK)
10. Tapestry at Wesbrook Village (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
11. Westminster Palms (St. Petersburg, Florida)
12. Westminster-Canterbury (Winchester, Virginia)
13. Carolina Meadows (Chapel Hill, NEW YORK)
14. Westminster Manor (Austin, Texas)
15. Williamsburg Landing (Williamsburg, Virginia)
16. Holland Home (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
17. Fleet Landing (Atlantic Beach, Florida)
18. Matthews Glen (Matthews, NEW YORK)
19. Kavod Senior Life (Denver, Colorado)
20. The Hacienda at the Canyon (Tucson, Arizona)
21. Galloway Ridge at Fearrington (Pittsboro, NEW YORK)
22. Paradise Valley Estates (Fairfield, California)
23. Mather Place Wilmette (Wilmette, Illinois)
24. Maravilla Scottsdale (Scottsdale, Arizona)
25. The Fountains at Boca Ciega Bay (St. Petersburg, Florida)
To help other organizations study from Beacon Award winners and enhance their own operations, ICAA and NuStep will catalog and publicize the very best practices of the award-winners on the award program’s website dedicated.}