Dubai Expert Services, Exterior Relations
University of Birmingham, Dubai campus
Place: Dubai, UAE
Closing time: 18 March 2021
University of Birmingham Dubai
Having set up ourselves in Dubai International Academic Town in 2018 we have been today moving to a fresh and exciting stage of our advancement with the starting of our brand-new state-of-the-artwork campus in September 2021. This post represents a fantastic opportunity to sign up for an ambitious Planet Top 100 University once we continue to develop our long-expression strategic objective in Dubai, the UAE and the wider area. Our campus displays the most effective of Birmingham through our existence in Dubai.
Professional Providers Ethos
Our ethos as a specialist Services group has been developed good principles to be a Birmingham Professional. Specifically, here in Dubai, which means that all Expert Services co-workers seek to collaborate efficiently to guarantee the needs of the complete campus local community and our stakeholders are usually met. It also implies that we function constructively together to supply a flexible selection of service and assistance that adjust to the changing requirements of the Campus once we grow. There are particular things in the academic routine when all Professional Solutions associates will be likely to contribute irrespective of their primary part, for instance, Welcome or Graduation. Furthermore, the duties listed here are illustrative of the overall nature and degree of responsibility of the post which is more likely to change as time passes in reaction to the requirements of the Campus so when you develop your knowledge and skills. You should have the opportunity to build up and may have to specialise your responsibilities further also, as time passes, in agreement together with your manager.
To be able to contribute to the achievement of the group and the University’s eyesight for the Dubai Campus the Expert Services team will undoubtedly be seeking to continue steadily to recruit and develop co-workers who screen:
- a higher degree of intellectual aptitude;
- solid agility and a portfolio of abilities that can adjust to meet changing situations;
- a forward thinking and innovative mindset; and
- both a good enterprising and entrepreneurial character to aid our pursuit and development of excellence.
The Working & Developing Campus Providers are a key area of the Professional Solutions assistance for the University’s Dubai campus. This certain section of professional Services assistance delivers and keeps the campus environment where students, visitors and staff could be taught, study, connect and work. The service supplies the infrastructure and providers that enable the campus to aid the breadth of action which makes a University neighborhood and supports a fantastic student, visitor and staff experience. This includes a complete selection of campus services as a result, AV, Lab support, wellness & building and security management to managing agreements for the provision of IT service support, facilities management, security, transport and catering. The team will continue to work closely jointly in a flexible solution to support the requirements of the campus also to address daily issues regularly.
The objective of the post may be the leadership and administration of a variety of essential business solutions including all contracts, supplying professional and efficient help to the Establishing and Operating Campus Support area.
As a known person in the senior management group, the blog post holder will work carefully with the Campus Director along with other senior managers to provide the University of Birmingham Dubai’s strategic commitments to: give a well-equipped, obtainable estate that meets the requirements of students, visitors and staff; deliver a fantastic campus experience; drive constant improvement across the entire of the campus atmosphere; deliver a versatile estate; and create sustainability into our estate.
The posting holder is really a senior head within the Dubai Campus and in addition, as such, includes a corporate leadership function to have fun with in the growth of the campus and campus atmosphere, supporting and leading business initiatives, supporting all associates to be their finest and making sure a collaborative method of the administration of the Professional Providers team and overall program delivery.
- Promotes ideals and equality diversity performing as a job model and fostering a good inclusive working culture.
- Actively, diversity and inclusion through supervising and assessment and challenging unacceptable behaviour actively.
- Undertake constant personal and professional advancement.
- Campus Administration
- You’ll prospect and manage a different team of professional contributors most of whom donate to the growth and procedure of the Campus. This can consist of estates, AV/IT and laboratory personnel.
- You will end up in charge of developing service level criteria for the united group, and for supervising and reviewing the standard of the ongoing service. This will need you to have general knowledge in the certain specific areas included in the team.
- As an associate of the Campus Senior Administration Team you will donate to the advancement of technique for the successful growth and growth of the Campus.
- Obligation for the shipping of effective functions and maintenance, buildings, building grounds and fabric.
- Work carefully with Heads of Departments to determine a reactive and prepared upkeep regime for engineering solutions, buildings, building fabric, and grounds which meets Campus requirements and objectives effectively.
- Make a main contribution to the provision of related site suggestions and information, and support in selecting products, and the appointment and web site administration of contractors and sub-contractors
- Develop and keep maintaining excellent working romantic relationships with external providers and statutory undertakers (authorities) etc to make sure you are alert to new standards or suggestions being put on similar buildings and providers;
- Identify any areas where in fact the University is failing woefully to meet these requirements or suggestions as delegated or beneath the path of the Campus Director, and propose options
daily services for engineering providers
- Contract administration
- Obligation for the administration of the multi-million Hard FM agreement providing a true amount of solutions to the Campus. This can include:
- developing excellent working associations with the contract service provider;
- supervising the agreed service degree agreement, developing mechanisms to fully capture shortfalls and performance within provision;
- addressing any zero provision, taking action to handle them and agreeing plus determining any economic penalties according of service deficiency;
- ensuring variants to specs are managed based on the contractual provisions;
- making certain operational impacts are considering and articulated as needed clearly;
- supervising invoices and costs, reporting variances as needed;
- resolving disputes with regards to Hard FM provider performance with the continuing service providers. This will are the have to Chair performance evaluation meetings with the providers and making use of your influencing and negotiating abilities to resolve complex problems;
- conducting audits and finding your way through external and internal overview of service provision;
- developing guidance in order that Campus employees have the right level of knowledge of the contract.
Required Information, Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge
- Educated to degree degree plus significant connection with operations contracts and administration management.
- Substantial connection with managing diverse teams, tasks and resources inside demanding roles increasingly.
- Significant connection with dealing with external stakeholders to create working relationships.
- Significant connection with supplier relationship administration.
- Significant connection with managing FM agreements and services, including monitoring shipping against service degree agreements.
- Experience of handling budgets.
- Superb interpersonal and communication abilities, having the ability to successfully influence and negotiate.
- Understanding of working in a global context, alongside cultural sensitivity
- Highly created oral and written demonstration and communication skills to cope with an array of contacts, both and externally internally, and at all ranges from potential learners to vice-chancellors and diplomats
- Advanced of interest and literacy to fine detail to produce clear, concise strategies and reports
- The flexibleness to work unsociable hrs and travel outside the Emirates when needed
- Connection with championing Equality, Inclusion and diversity in own workshop.
- Capability to monitor and measure the level to which diversity and equality legislation, policies, procedures are used.
- Capability to identify problems with the possible to effect on protected groupings and take appropriate activity.
Preparation and organising
- Attempting to key, over summer and winter organisational governance dates, guide and manage the group to ensure shipping to these timelines will be achieved and that function is planned to check and align with company requirements and period pressures.
- Providing options and assistance for the continuing company, ensuring problems are identified and tackled with the continuing company in sufficient period for the business enterprise to respond.
Issue solving and decision producing
- Ensuring the section meets relevant organisational, regulatory and legislative needs, within your remit, implementing and building processes to do this. Ensure processes and processes are usually reviewed and amended to take accounts of any noticeable adjustments in regulatory requirements.
- Develop strategies and plans, with described outcomes and goals clearly, for every continuing business support which recognise certain requirements of the Estates Section and wider University strategic goals.
put into action and
Internal and external human relationships
- Facilities Administration company
- AV Provider
- IT Provider
- Catering Provider
- Transport Service provider
- UoBD Tenants
- Function collaboratively with all Heads of Departments and cover up where necessary
- Provide company services tips to all or any Estates staff and crucial stakeholders.
- Represent the Estates Directorate at both inner and exterior meetings and the committee’s to guarantee the Directorate’s priorities are usually appropriately represented and applied.
For informal enquiries concerning this role, please get in touch with Ben Bailey – B.firstname.lastname@example.org kingdom
Valuing excellence, sustaining expense
We worth diversity at the University of Birmingham and welcome apps from all parts of the city
Apply for this job Click here