A new review providing insights in to the present and expected usage of augmented reality (AR) within corporate, retail, healthcare along with other types of professional amenities has been released by personal computer and AI vision organization, Resonai.
The report ‘2021 Condition of Augmented Reality in Facilities Administration‘ discovered that one out of five facilities administration professionals (20 %) use AR for a minumum of one function, while nearly three out of four facilities supervisors (73 %) who don’t currently use AR be prepared to implement the technology next 24 months.
Emil Alon, CEO and Founder of Resonai said: “Augmented actuality has come quite a distance since its very first implementations in video gaming and entertainment. As structures turn out to be smarter and the actual physical and electronic worlds become one, building owners and services managers are embracing AR and AI for from enhanced maintenance to interior navigation.”
Based on the survey of senior amenities managers, the report checks the real techniques properties are employing AR in order to streamline their operations, offer better tenant experiences, create brand new income streams and drive additional benefits.
Other crucial insights from Resonai’s report include:
- At 30 % adoption, hospitals and healthcare facilities possess embraced AR a lot more than other styles of properties; they’re accompanied by manufacturing facilities (26 %), universities (25 %) and corporate offices (23 %)
- The most typical uses of AR among facilities supervisors are advertising applications such as for example tours and virtual demonstrations (20 %), accompanied by industrial production applications (18 %), smart maintenance and repairs (12 %), tenant and visitor services (10 %), and training/tutorials (10 %)
- Facilities managers cited an easy range of advantages to using AR, like the automation of upkeep processes (49 %), prevention of maintenance problems (45 %), reduced amount of physical contact through the Covid-19 pandemic (27 %), creation of new income opportunities (27 %), and insights produced from AR-based analytics (22 %)
- Cited by 40 % of facilities managers, cost may be the most perceived barrier in order to AR adoption commonly, although this concern will be offset by AR’s capability to generate new revenue opportunities, that was cited because the technology’s finest potential benefit by 30 % of these facilities managers already making use of AR or looking to achieve this within 24 a few months
- Seventy-five % of facilities managers now have Web of Things (IoT)-enabled devices within their buildings, such as for example environment sensors (44 %), HVAC systems (42 %), security systems (33 %), doors (25 %), and lights (25 %)
The report is founded on a digital study sent to a curated audience of senior service administration directors and executives through the entire USA and Europe. Individuals represented a cross-area of creating types, including corporate workplaces, manufacturing facilities, retail/attire, residential, hospitals and healthcare, shopping centres, education, enjoyment, and grocery and food.
To download Resonai’s 2021 Condition of Augmented Actuality in Facilities Management survey, click here.