• Develop and keep maintaining effective partnerships and take part in positive communication with all staff and senior leaders
• Provide leadership for the facilities team, cleaners, security team, and any contracted staff
• Ensure the professional development and top quality training of the facilities team
• Conduct appraisals of the facilities team and advise the institution Operations Manager and Central Facilities Manager of performance conditions that can’t be managed at the institution level that could require staff replacement
• Advise the institution Operations Manager and Central Facilities Manager of any facilities team absences and leaves to make sure adequate coverage at the institution all the time
• Adhere to the school’s policies and procedures and ensure all supervised staff do aswell
• Be acquainted with and stick to the Taaleem Safe practices Policy and also the school policies
• Take reasonable care of medical and safety of self among others suffering from work, and cooperate with the institution Operations Manager and Taaleem Central Office in making certain safe practices responsibilities are completed
• Ensure the school’s contracted cleaning company immediately and properly addresses any ‘emergency cleaning duties’ which might occur through the school day: e.g. unscrambling ‘hazardous substances’ such as for example split chemicals, broken glass, vomit, blood, etc
• Ensure the school’s contracted cleaning company regularly disinfects ‘hazardous areas’ to safeguard children
• Conduct monthly operational checks of school alarm systems and fire safety appliances and report any problems to the Operations Manager and Central Facilities Manager to be applied immediately
• Assist in timely fire drills. Confirm all fire escapes are kept clear of obstructions to keep a safe exit from the buildings. Be fully alert to the school’s fire drill policy and support its compliance
• Ensure the school’s pool (if applicable) is kept clean and safe for the usage of students and checking twice each day the amount of chemical levels, which must immediately be reported in the Municipality Log
• Ensure the school’s pool areas (if applicable) are secured whenever a guard or teaching staff aren’t present and all the pool safety procedures are honored all the time. Report any breaches or improvement must the main and Head of
Procurement and Operational Support immediately
• Support the Operations Manager, Principal and/or their delegate with the administration of the Crisis Management and Reporting protocol if/when required
• Ensure the safe storage of chemicals and hazardous substances
• Ensure all contractors are inducted, shown the relevant risk assessments, and so are made alert to any deficiencies or other hazards in the areas where they’ll be working
• Monitor daily security personnel ensuring all procedures are honored and accurate time-keeping of these schedules
• In conjunction with the institution security team, oversee the safe fall off and assortment of students. Report any incidents and improvements to the main and the Central Office Transportation Controller immediately
• Complete a bus inspection once per term and sign off per the Central Office Transportation issued checklist. Notify the main and the Central Office Transportation Controller of any abnormalities and take corrective action immediately
• Communicate and address any problems with the bus company as essential to ensure smooth service
Building and Grounds Maintenance
• The Facility Manager may be the school’s key authority in ensuring the institution campus is kept to a typical that’s needed is by local and international school inspection boards all the time with regards to cleanliness, safety and health, and functionality. A thorough checklist is supplied by the Central Facilities Manager to steer the educational school Facilities Manager in this respect. The Facilities Manager must abide by this checklist and address any shortcomings immediately and offer feedback to the Central Facilities Manager of any improvements to the checklist as needed
• Work with the school Operations Manager, Principal or delegated person, and Central Office Operations on short (immediate), medium (up to summer works) and long-term (3-year cycle) maintenance and improvement requirements. This consists of developing a rolling program of maintenance comprising of decoration, repairs and renovation/upgrades. In addition, judicious usage of the school’s maintenance cover minor repairs along with regular improvements requires proactively seeking the views and vision of the main and Central Office Operations
• Conduct an everyday inspection of most school equipment/machinery and buildings and report any abnormalities with costed answers to the institution Operations Manager and Central Facilities Manager for corrective action if the nature of the issue be beyond the institution FM team’s capability
• Supervise repairs conducted by the institution FM team as necessary and become the responsible lead for signing off on tasks to verify their proper completion
• Monitor the task of contractors; liaising and reporting upon progress to the educational school Operations Manager or delegated person; informing them when jobs have already been satisfactorily completed and invoices could be passed for payment
• Monitor the standard of cleaning undertaken by the school’s contracted company including a normal review of the task schedule and are accountable to the institution Operations Manager whenever cleaning issues can’t be addressed at the institution level detailing the problems and recommending resolutions which can be escalate to the top of Procurement and Operational Support
• Contact approved contractors for emergency repair work, following policies as specified by Taaleem and issue orders as required
• Ensure that grassed, paved, artificial surfaces and tarmacked areas of the educational school are kept clean by the school contracted and FM staff, particularly after sand storms and major rains
• Organize the create and remove of equipment required by the institution for activities
• Undertake ways of reduce the usage of water, cooling and electricity whilst ensuring the standards of the institution are maintained and/or improved
• Liaise with the school’s HR Advisor and Central Office Procurement and Operational Support section to guarantee the preparation, maintenance (if applicable) and departure of staff in Taaleem Provided Accommodation (TPA) meets all requirements. The principal focus is on TPAs beyond Taaleem Residences in Dubai Studio City and responsibilities range from:
• Support of preparing units, inspecting units and getting teacher’s signature on the inspection checklist
• Cleaning of units at end of tenancies, the changeover of keys
• Submit the ultimate inspection are accountable to Operations Assistant at Central Office with all the current payment receipts against utilities which impacts Full and Final Settlements
• Ensuring repairs are adequately performed.
• Familiarize and stick to the Housing Procedures Document issued by Procurement and Operational Support on all areas of TPA and the precise roles and timings regarding schools
• High School graduate and recognized industry regulated qualifications
• A the least two years’ experience in an identical role (e.g. Facilities, Projects, Contracts Management).
• Minimum of two years’ experience managing teams in a complex organization
• A strong knowledge base of safe practices procedures coupled with understanding of (and corresponding qualifications wherever appropriate) electro mechanical systems (such as for example AHU’s / water pumps) and the capability to perform minor maintenance works with the school’s handyman
• Working understanding of maintenance skills e.g. electrical, plumbing, carpentry
• The capability to explain issues and requirements to the school’s senior leadership team
• Well organized and proficient at making decisions in order that work plans and schedules reflect the requirements of the institution
• Ability to control and distribute resources in probably the most cheap ways
• A understanding of security and cleaning practices with effective management of contractors
• The capability to manage individual workers and sets of contracted workers
• Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in written and oral form
• Proficient in Microsoft packages such as for example Word, Outlook and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
• Excellent people management skills.
• Calm in every situations and in a position to delegate roles to associates.
• Attention to detail and an capability to problem solve.
• Experience in a international setting.
• Experience of working within or with a school/educational setting.
Taaleem’s main activity may be the development and management of early childhood, secondary and primary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the precise educational requirements of an array of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, this means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their talents and passions. We only recruit the very best international teachers that are with the capacity of delivering our international curricula in an innovative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is wanting to improve the educational standards in your community. The combined connection with its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management guidelines means Taaleem is well positioned to guarantee the creative of truly exceptional schools that fulfill the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Apply for this job: Click here