Fortune 500 companies, schools, retailers, manufacturers, home builders, and commercial building owners and operators from 39 states are one of the 206 ENERGY STAR partners being honored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for his or her outstanding leadership in reducing American energy bills and tackling climate change.
“ENERGY STAR award-winning partners are showing the planet that delivering real climate solutions makes good business sense and promotes job growth,” said EPA Administrator Michael S. Regan . “Most of them have been carrying it out for years, inspiring most of us who are focused on tackling the climate crisis and at the forefront to a clean energy economy.”
This season, ENERGY STAR is recognizing a lot more than 150 award winners because of their year-over-year commitment to energy efficiency through the program’s highest honor: ENERGY STAR Partner of the entire year – Sustained Excellence Award. To be eligible for Sustained Excellence recognition, winners will need to have already received ENERGY STAR Partner of the entire year recognition for at the least two consecutive years and gone far beyond the criteria had a need to be eligible for recognition.
Furthermore, EPA is recognizing Samsung Electronics with a rare ENERGY STAR Corporate Commitment Award. This award can’t be applied for and is occasionally given whenever a company’s business allows them to attain award-winning degrees of performance across various areas of the power STAR program.
“Samsung is focused on helping mitigate climate change through our products, practices, and operations, in your community of energy efficiency especially,” said KS Choi, CEO and president, Samsung Electronics THE UNITED STATES. “We have been extremely honored to get this rare and prestigious award and invest in continuing to improve the bar on energy efficiency being an important section of tackling climate change.”
For a lot more than 25 years, EPA’s ENERGY STAR program has been America’s resource for saving energy and protecting the surroundings. In 2019 alone, ENERGY STAR and its own partners helped American families and businesses save nearly 500 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity and steer clear of $39 billion in energy costs. These savings led to emission reductions of 390 million metric a great deal of greenhouse gases nearly, roughly equal to 5% of U.S. total greenhouse gas emissions.
15 ENERGY STAR partners are increasingly being recognized with the Sustained Excellence recognition for a dozen or maybe more years. The accomplishments of those winners and Samsung Electronics are:
- Food Lion, LLC of Salisbury, NC, a retail food store chain, continued to leverage its ENERGY STAR partnership in 2020 to communicate the worthiness of energy efficiency and keep maintaining the average ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® score of 69, whilst having certified 919 of its stores as ENERGY STAR. Sustained Excellence winner for 18 years.
- USAA PROPERTY of San Antonio, TX, the true estate investment arm of USAA, continued to get new opportunities to boost energy efficiency in its diverse portfolio while promoting the power STAR program over the industry and increased its average ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®Score from the 78 in 2019 to an 82 in 2020. Sustained Excellence winner for 17 years.
- CalPortland Company of Glendora, CA, a producer of cement, concrete, aggregates, and asphalt pavement, improved energy intensity since 2003 by a lot more than 17 percent, saving nearly $149 million and avoiding the emissions of 3.3 million a great deal of CO2. Sustained Excellence winner for 15 years.
- CenterPoint Energy of Houston, TX, a transmission and distribution utility, supported the construction greater than 3,600 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2020 and promoted the scheduled program by way of a refreshed, cost-effective digital online marketing strategy, producing a 700 percent upsurge in paid search impressions. Sustained Excellence winner for 15 years.
- ENGIE Impact of NY, NY, a resource sustainability and management consulting services provider, delivered monthly benchmarking services for a lot more than 47,000 client buildings in 2020 and assisted clients in securing a lot more than 3,100 rebates worth $25 million for ENERGY STAR certified products. Sustained Excellence winner for 15 years.
- Servidyne, LLC of Atlanta, GA, a power, sustainability, and occupant wellness consulting firm, assisted 174 client buildings in 2020 in earning ENERGY STAR certification. Sustained Excellence winner for 15 years.
- Hines of Houston, TX, a owned global owning a home firm privately, maintained its strong corporate commitment to sustainability through the use of ENERGY STAR to market energy efficiency using its stakeholders and increased its average ENERGY STAR Score by over six percent from 2019 to 2020. Sustained Excellence winner for 14 years.
- Merck & Co., Inc. of Kenilworth, NJ, a worldwide healthcare company, achieved greater than a three percent energy intensity reduction across its operations worldwide in 2020 and earned ENERGY STAR certification for five buildings and something manufacturing facility. Sustained Excellence winner for 14 years.
- Raytheon Technologies of Waltham, MA, an aerospace and defense company, implemented energy and water conservation policies in 2020 to attain $1.5 million in annual energy savings from 101 projects. Sustained Excellence winner for 14 years.
- CBRE of Dallas, TX, a worldwide commercial owning a home and services firm, grew its comprehensive energy management training and program programs, provided overall leadership over the industry, and increased its average ENERGY STAR Score across its portfolio from the 64 in 2019 to a 68 in 2020. Sustained Excellence winner for 12 years.
- Energy Inspectors , a NEVADA, NV home energy rating company, certified a lot more than 19,000 homes as ENERGY STAR in 2020 and recruited new builders and developers in to the scheduled program, which will certify a lot more than 3 collectively, 000 additional apartments and homes. Sustained Excellence winner for 12 years.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville, TN, an inexpensive volunteer and homebuilder organization, promoted ENERGY STAR certification in every collateral materials consistently, videos, and homeowner and volunteer workout sessions, and built a lot more than 550 ENERGY STAR certified homes by 2020. Sustained Excellence winner for 12 years.
- ITW Food Equipment Group of Troy, OH, a commercial food service equipment manufacturer, increased its ENERGY STAR listings by 48 models, including a 125 percent upsurge in certified product models for the Traulsen brand, along with growing the Hobart Warewash obsolete program which allows customers to upgrade their legacy equipment to ENERGY STAR performance levels. Sustained Excellence winner for 12 years.
- JCPENNEY of Lewisville, TX, a house and clothing shop, achieved its 15 percent energy use reduction goal through the use of ENERGY STAR resources and tools. Sustained Excellence winner for 12 years.
- Nuveen PROPERTY of NY, NY, a genuine estate investment management firm, demonstrated outstanding energy management across its portfolio and achieved ENERGY STAR certification for a lot more than 27 properties in 2020. Sustained Excellence winner for 12 years.
- Samsung Electronics of Ridgefield Park, NJ, a manufacturer of kitchen appliances, gadgets, and mobile communications, demonstrated exceptional ENERGY STAR leadership across multiple the different parts of the scheduled program on a sustained basis. Sustained Excellence winner for 8 years.
Read more concerning the ENERGY STAR Awards here .
Want more energy news?
Read more news linked to energy efficiency and facility management.