Directs supervises and coordinates the actions in the designated region and ensures good regular of care is supplied.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check, get ready and assemble all machineries, equipment’s, and instruments necessary to procedure prior, predicated on patients procedural requirements.
- Plan, put into action and measure the peri-procedure nursing treatment directed at patients, undergoing endoscopic processes, is effective and within an organized manner.
- Competent in tabs on patients during and write-up sedation / anesthesia
- Make sure that patients dealing with anesthesia receive optimum treatment and can demonstrate complete understanding in using Aldreth scoring
- Maintain and update all appropriate patient documentation / healthcare records according to hospital procedure and plan.
- In charge of proper storage space, disinfection and usage of the endoscopic scopes and its own accessories
- Responsible for preserving inventory checklist of medications according to hospital policy
- Responsible for keeping inventory checklist of Hazmat products including MSDS according to hospital policy
- Comes after the reporting mechanisms / chain of order in the nursing providers department. All patient care issues will be and promptly reported correctly.
- Demonstrates a cost-effective approach to the use of equipment’s and products while assisting the top nurse to maintain a proper ward stock.
- Demonstrates audio participates and information in fire safety, patient safety, infection manage and another necessary precautions according to hospital policy
- Takes obligation for professional clinical exercise and will be actively involved with updating and continuing schooling.
- Takes obligation for the machine in the lack of the top Nurse as designated
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all or any hospital policies and treatments
- Carries out additional duties as instructed by the Nursing Change Supervisor / Nursing Administrator
- Comply, standards and techniques and cooperate with hospital administration to comply those needs
- Function accordance with the documented OSH instructions and methods, specific responsibilities
- Know about emergency and evacuation processes
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near problems and misses and advice about the planning of risk assessments, incident reports
- Adhere to Waste management treatments and policies
- Go to applicable OSH/Infection control teaching applications, mock drills and consciousness programs
- Usage of appropriate personal protective devices and safety techniques
strictly to the ‘Period OUT’ treatment
with all OSH and infection control plans
1. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: 1.1 ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO: Gastroenterology And Hepatology Mind of the Department 1.2 IN CHARGE OF: To aid all procedures completed in Dept. Hepatology and gastroenterology, such as for example endoscopy, manometry, pH-metry, capsule endoscopy, liver biopsy, others and ultrasound. Maintenance of apparatus; reprocessing of endoscopes and reusable components, inventory control. Record maintaining. 1.3 LIAISES WITH: Nursing personnel and Ward boy/ Woman / Infection control group / Patients / Families 2. Work SUMMARY: In charge of assisting endoscopy along with other GI procedures, report and maintenance holding of paperwork. 3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 3.1 Ensure consent is taken by doctor. 3.2 Explain endoscopy techniques to patient with assistance of his/her vocabulary with pro department employees. To check on about any contraindication to endoscopy or sedation and inform the physician. 3.3 Gives guidelines and prepares needed laboratory investigations for patient undergoing endoscopy methods. Histopathological Biopsy. 3.4 Collaborates with the OPD Supervisor and anesthesia department in scheduling endoscopic evaluation that will require anesthetist intervention. 3.5 In charge of managing the specimen safely. 3.6 disinfect and Clear scopes and all open up accessories relating to the producer necessity. 3.7 Adheres to infection handle procedures and policies. 3.8 In charge of maintaining the inventory share as delegated by HOD. 3.9 Performs safety checks to verify features of equipment. 3.10 Preparing endoscopy room in accordance with endoscopy procedure necessity. 3.11 Participates in virtually any educational activities and attend continuing nursing education and learning activity relevant to section of mandatory requirements. Employees Qualification and Education Work Explanation – Endoscopy Technician FM/SQE/446/03 Work DESCRIPTION ENDOSCOPY TECHNICIAN DIVISION / DEPT/ SECTION: GASTROENTEROLOGY Worker NUMBER: JOINING Day: NEXT REVIEW Time: سري / CONFIDENTIAL• Date of Concern: 01/2016 Version 03 Web page 2 of 3 3.12 Comply with all infection and OSH handle policies, standards and processes and cooperate with hospital administration to comply those specifications 3.13 Work accordance with the documented OSH directions and procedures, specific responsibilities 3.14 Be common with evacuation and emergency treatments 3.15 Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and advice about the preparing of risk assessments, incident reports 3.16 Comply with Waste management guidelines and procedures 3.17 Go to applicable OSH/Infection handle training applications, mock drills and recognition programs 3.18 Use of appropriate individual protective safety and gear techniques 4. QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, Education and learning, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS: 4.1 Diploma/ Bachelor in Endoscopy. 4.2 Good understanding in GI Endoscopy and techniques devices. 4.3 BLS trained. 4.4 Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Arabic speaking desirable however, not essential.
: Royal Khalifa Hospital
: Royal Khalifa Hospital NMC Royal Hospital, Khalifa Town Abu Dhabi
: NMC Royal Hospital KLF
: Apr 8, 2022, 2:10:23 AM
Apply for this job Click here