Directs supervises and coordinates the actions in the designated region and ensures good regular of care is supplied.
Duties & Duties:
- Check, get ready and assemble all machineries, equipment’s, and instruments necessary to procedure prior, predicated on patients procedural requirements.
- Plan, put into action and measure the peri-procedure nursing treatment directed at patients, undergoing endoscopic processes, is effective and within an organized manner.
- Proficient in monitoring of sufferers during and write-up sedation / anesthesia
- Make sure that patients dealing with anesthesia receive optimum care and is able to demonstrate complete knowledge in the usage of Aldreth scoring
- Maintain and update all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital procedure and policy.
- In charge of proper storage, disinfection and usage of the endoscopic scopes and its own accessories
- In charge of maintaining inventory checklist of medications according to hospital policy
- In charge of maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including MSDS according to hospital policy
- Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues will be and promptly reported correctly.
- Demonstrates a cost-effective approach to the use of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the top nurse to maintain a proper ward stock.
- Demonstrates sound participates and knowledge in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and another necessary precautions according to hospital policy
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved with updating and continuing education.
- Takes responsibility for the machine in the lack of the top Nurse as assigned
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all or any hospital policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as instructed by the Nursing Shift Supervisor / Nursing Administrator
- Comply, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH instructions and procedures, specific responsibilities
- Know about emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near issues and misses and advice about the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Adhere to Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Usage of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
strictly to the ‘Period OUT’ process
with all OSH and infection control policies
1. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: 1.1 ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO: Gastroenterology And Hepatology Head of the Department 1.2 IN CHARGE OF: To aid all procedures completed in Dept. Hepatology and gastroenterology, such as for example endoscopy, manometry, pH-metry, capsule endoscopy, liver biopsy, others and ultrasound. Maintenance of equipment; reprocessing of endoscopes and reusable accessories, inventory control. Record keeping. 1.3 LIAISES WITH: Nursing staff and Ward boy/ Girl / Infection control team / Patients / Families 2. JOB SUMMARY: In charge of assisting endoscopy along with other GI procedures, record and maintenance keeping of documents. 3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 3.1 Ensure consent is taken by doctor. 3.2 Explain endoscopy procedures to patient with support of his/her language with pro department staff. To check on about any contraindication to endoscopy or sedation and inform the physician. 3.3 Gives instructions and prepares needed laboratory investigations for patient undergoing endoscopy procedures. Histopathological Biopsy. 3.4 Collaborates with the OPD Supervisor and anesthesia department in scheduling endoscopic examination that will require anesthetist intervention. 3.5 In charge of handling the specimen safely. 3.6 disinfect and Clean scopes and all open accessories according to the manufacturer requirement. 3.7 Adheres to infection control procedures and policies. 3.8 In charge of maintaining the inventory stock as delegated by HOD. 3.9 Performs safety checks to verify functions of equipment. 3.10 Preparing endoscopy room in accordance with endoscopy procedure requirement. 3.11 Participates in virtually any educational activities and attend continuing nursing education activity highly relevant to section of mandatory requirements. Staff Qualification and Education Job Description – Endoscopy Technician FM/SQE/446/03 JOB DESCRIPTION ENDOSCOPY TECHNICIAN DIVISION / DEPT/ SECTION: GASTROENTEROLOGY EMPLOYEE NUMBER: JOINING DATE: NEXT REVIEW DATE: سري / CONFIDENTIAL• Date of Issue: 01/2016 Version 03 Page 2 of 3 3.12 Comply with all infection and OSH control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements 3.13 Work accordance with the documented OSH instructions and procedures, specific responsibilities 3.14 Be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures 3.15 Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and advice about the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports 3.16 Comply with Waste management policies and procedures 3.17 Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs 3.18 Use of appropriate personal protective safety and equipment systems 4. QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS: 4.1 Diploma/ Bachelor in Endoscopy. 4.2 Well knowledge in GI Endoscopy and procedures machines. 4.3 BLS trained. 4.4 Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Arabic speaking desirable however, not essential.
: Royal Khalifa Hospital
: Royal Khalifa Hospital NMC Royal Hospital, Khalifa City Abu Dhabi
: NMC Royal Hospital KLF
: Apr 8, 2022, 2:10:23 AM
Apply for this job Click here