Job : Institutional Banking
Primary Location : Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Plan : Full-period
Employee Position : Long lasting
Posting Day : 01/Sep/2021, 7:37:06 AM
Unposting Time : 15/Sep/2021, 5:59:00 PM
About Standard Chartered
We are a respected international bank centered on helping companies and folks prosper across Asia, Africa and the center East.
To us, good performance is a lot more than switching a profit about. It’s about showing the way you embody our valued behaviours – do the proper thing, better rather than settle – along with our brand promise with each other, For good here.
We’re focused on promoting equality at work and generating an inclusive and versatile lifestyle – one where everyone can realise their complete potential and create a positive contribution to your organisation. Therefore helps us to supply better support to your broad clientele.
The Function Responsibilities
The role is Business Sales with immediate coverage of International Business Customers within MENA. There may also be group related responsibilities assisting co-workers to help achieve group and bank-wide goals. The purpose would be to develop the MENA IC Customer Franchise, with specific concentrate on UAE, Bahrain & Qatar IC clients – from the business perspective whilst subsequent all regulatory duties
- Awareness and knowledge of the firm’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Focus on managing and growing the UAE, Bahrain & Qatar IC Client Franchise across asset classes and work jointly with the team as necessary to execute structured transactions over the wider MENA region
- Use Trading closely, Research, Structuring, Credit, CIB, and Risk to operate a vehicle collaboration and cross-sell within the relevant accounts
- Develop our business consistent with internal and External requirements
- Make our business better
year budget according to annual P3 document for client income from allocated clients
- Achieving assigned full. In this budget, generate specific Financial Markets Product mix according to P3 Document
- Ensure the Bank’s clients receive support and pricing, both with regards to trading and market information
- Can be an individual contributor and supports others
- Knowing of the wider business, economic and market environment where the firm operates
- Executing trades we should follow credit check processes, CA’s, suitability and appropriateness in addition to assessing market risk. We should work within any limits set contrary to the business also.
- Assess and approve the feasibility and agree a remedy for implementation of risk control policies
- In charge of executing the actions within the end-to-end Process relative to the procedure control and design standards
- Jointly and severally responsible with the next Line for risk and control outcomes of the procedure and any remediation or risk treatment actions to be able to remain within risk tolerance
- Continuously enhance the operational effectiveness and efficiency of processes to improve productivity and reduce operational risk
- Lead through example and build the correct values and culture. Set appropriate expectations and tone from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, mitigating and controlling risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The capability to interpret the firm’s financial information, identify key issues predicated on this information and set up appropriate controls and measures
- Must, Termsheet, Dodd Frank where applicable, Product Fair pricing, Disclaimers, suitable Marketing Materials in addition to any required qualifications such as for example FAP in Bahrain. Must manage EUCs, be familiar with Dealing Mandate requirements, FM FO Dealing Handbook, PA account Dealing Principles along with the Entertainment and Gifts register, New Joiners, Staff transfer/Exit checklists. Must follow MAR requirements and manage FMRAW responsibilities also.
be familiar with and follow our procedures including Cross-Border
- In charge of assessing the potency of the firm’s arrangements to provide effective governance, oversight and controls in the continuing business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Knowing of the regulatory framework where the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations highly relevant to the role
- In charge of delivering ‘effective governance’; capacity to effectively challenge fellow executives; and willingness to utilize any local regulators within an cooperative and open manner.
- For DIFC governance purposes, any actual or potential conduct, / and regulatory or internal policy matters linked to DIFC based staff, or activities, should be escalated to the top of FM MENAP for consideration and action if needed
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Code and Values of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the best standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This consists of understanding and ensuring compliance with, in spirit and letter, all applicable laws, rules, guidelines and the combined group Code of Conduct.
- Work within the MENA IC team within the client base to attain the outcomes lay out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; THE PROPER Environment.
and collaboratively identify
- Effectively, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, compliance and conduct matters.
- Follow the regulations and rules of the DFSA
- Trading, Structuring, MTCR, Operations, Risk, Credit, Legal, Compliance, CIB, Transaction Banking, Ecommerce Sales, Regulators
- Embed Here once and for all and Group’s values and brand in MENA FM Sales force and demonstrate in daily behavior
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and
- Follow FM Code of Conduct, Compliance Manual, Supervision Manual and Principles in addition to FM Market Conduct Compliance Manual
- Candidates preferred with Business Management and Accounting/ Commerce related Graduate / Post-Graduate degrees – MBA/CA/ BBA or their equivalent qualifications
- Candidates to have relevant experience in Financial Market Sales with sound understanding of FM derivative products esp FX, Rates & Commodities
- Preferred Arabic Speakers
Connect with join the Bank for all those with big career ambitions now.
To view info on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Apply for this job Click here