/ Job Look at
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Posted 2021/06/28 07:06:07
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Officer is in charge of supporting Head of Regulatory Affairs in the implementation and compliance with all regulations impacting ADIB including those linked to Business Conduct but additionally in providing help with all regulatory compliance related queries from ADIB Business and Support Units.
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Officer can be in charge of the maintenance of Ethical Conduct framework and the supervision of the Workflow agreed between Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Operations Center (CoC).
Key Accountabilities of the role
Regulatory Obligations management
- Ensure timely dissemination to Business & Support function of most applicable notices/circulars and the gap assessment template submitted by the Compliance Operations Center (CoC) regarding all regulations issued by the relevant authorities
- Conduct Gap Assessment Support and review in the product quality overview of the Regulatory Obligations Register documented by Compliance CoC
- Support in the tracking of daily and weekly targets create for the CoC and monitor adherence of the assigned targets
- Work closely with business and become point of connection with the impacted units within ADIB to make sure completion of the submitted gap assessment and offer any necessary inputs on queries
- Ensure the dissemination of the operational notices issued by regulatory authorities to the relevant Business and Control Units and ensure competition and submission of the mandatory information to regulatory authorities
Policies and Procedures
- Support update and development of Regulatory Affairs and Ethical Conduct related policies, procedures, and processes
- Lead to the continuous monitoring and update of Regulatory Affairs and Ethical Conduct Related policies by addressing regular update to Head of Regulatory Affairs on the renewal status and market/ regulatory evolution
- Facilitate the submission of the regulatory submission of Business and Support units
- Support the development of the Regulatory Affairs framework predicated on best practices and consistent with applicable regulations
- Track progress on queries/issues received from regulators and ensure appropriate and timely allocation to respective Business and Support units
- Support in the remediation of gaps identified in RCSA, internal/external audits, or supervisory audits linked to Regulatory Affairs.
- Support development of in-house trainings for regulatory compliance awareness among ADIB staff
Regulatory Guidance to SECTIONS
- Keep of related laws abreast, regulations, and guidelines and assess its effect on ADIB.
- Become an SME with the business enterprise units to supply technical insights on complex regulations and build credibility predicated on an understanding of these challenges linked to products, customers, and transactions.
- Support the continuing business and Control units to stick to Group Compliance policies, procedures, and processes.
- Provide good advice to the business enterprise units on the brand new product review process by assessing compliance/regulatory requirements and the impact of proposed services and services on ADIB.
- Provide guidance and approval on the business-related Policies submitted to Regulatory Affairs
- Review and ensure approval of Services and Product Programs submitted to Head Of Regulatory Affairs
- Review and approve financial promotions (campaigns), business / control function policies.
Ethical Conduct framework management
- Support in the maintenance and implementation of ADIB Group Conduct Risk Framework
- Ensure to supply guidance and clarification to Business and Control Units in relation with all Ethical Policies through the Dedicated channels at bank level
- Lead to the application form and management of the ethical policies and procedures combined with the maintenance of the applicable registers according to Outside Business Interest, Conflict of Interest, Gift & Entertainment, Market Abuse and Insider Trading and Personal Account Dealing procedures
- Ensure the update of all KRIs/KPIs linked to Regulatory Affairs units and their inclusion in the relevant reports
- Support in the Preparation MIS reports for internal regulatory affairs reporting, or any relevant committee
- Support the preparation and maintenance of ADIB regulatory returns/reporting and monitor adherence to defined payment dates
- Ensure the continuous tabs on the Regulatory Reporting suite applicable to Regulatory Affairs and support their template design or even supplied by regulatory authorities
- Ensure reporting of material non-compliances/breaches linked to Regulatory Affairs department based on the prevailing policies on a timely manner
Staff Ethical Behavior
- Demonstrate strong adherence to ADIB Conduct Risk Code and Pillars of Ethics with regards to transparency, integrity, confidentiality, respect and collaborative workplace
- Demonstrate strong adherence to ADIB ethical conduct framework in reporting any conflict of interest event or any witnessed behaviour which breaches code of ethic to the RECRUITING
- Ensure to participate to the trust and transparency culture within the lender by reporting in good faith, any concerned, malpractice or misconduct through the Whistleblowing framework
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge Necessary for this role:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, or any related subject.
- Exemplary understanding of the UAE regulatory environment, regulatory structures, market conduct, Islamic banking market industry and products groups.
- 6+ years of regulatory compliance experience
- Capability to acquire understanding of new regulations quickly, rules and their effect on ADIB business.
- Strong Communications and stakeholder management
- Fluency in Arabic
- Strong capability to interpret regulatory obligations and offer clear remediations and clarifications
- Strong presentation skills and capability to perform innovative thinking to resolve complex issues with no established precedence while balancing risk, accuracy and speed.
- Capability to adopt a problem-solving approach and autonomous focus on the dedicated task
- Strong interpersonal skills having the ability to talk to impact, build healthy professional connections, influence outcomes, complex topics into actionable tips for decision-making simplify.
Sub Job Title
Senior Regulatory Affairs Officer
Years of Experience
Apply for this job: Click here