Job : Institutional Banking
Primary Location : Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Schedule : Full-time
Employee Status : Permanent
Posting Date : 19/Aug/2021, 12:12:56 AM
Unposting Date : 02/Sep/2021, 5:59:00 PM
About Standard Chartered
We are a respected international bank centered on helping companies and folks prosper across Asia, Africa and the center East.
To us, good performance is a lot a lot more than turning a profit about. It’s about showing the way you embody our valued behaviours – do the proper thing, better rather than settle – in addition to our brand promise together, For good here.
We’re focused on promoting equality at work and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and create a positive contribution to your organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To, relevant, succinct and timely credit analysis of a portfolio of SCB’s clients (current or prospective).
This consists of responsibility for proposing counterparty credit grades via the relevant scorecard, and ongoing monitoring for credit-material events. As the portfolio will be industry / geography specific in focus, the role reaches analysing other clients as may every once in awhile be required
- Insightful: Attuned to the requirements of two audiences – Client Coverage and Risk – the analysis should give a forward-looking, focused opinion on the likely development of both business and financial risk elements within their industry / geographic context as well as a calibrated articulation of key risks and potential mitigants thereto.
- Relevant: And a holistic counterparty assessment, analysis should touch upon structural elements highly relevant to SCB’s existing or proposed exposure such as for example guarantee and security arrangements
- Succinct: While always providing sufficient granularity to substantiate its conclusions and observations, the analysis should present opinion in as succinct and structured a way as is sensible
- Timely: While centered on the prescribed annual review cycle, analysis shall also be needed where material new exposure has been considered by Client Coverage. In addition, more summary analysis should quickly be produced and disseminated, where relevant
Additionally, for just about any BCA submission it’ll involve the next:
- Critical overview of Social and Environment Risk Assessments, Appropriateness and Suitability Assessments (FM Products);
- Consistency and coherence overview of the Approved Account Plan, Raptor (or equivalent), Client & Group Facility Summary & Structure (including Conditions and terms)
- Active partnership with Client Coverage in completion of Risk Profile, Compliance Details, in addition to proposed Risk and Covenants Triggers
Overall accountability for consistency and coherence of the entire BCA package submitted to Risk will rest with Credit Analysis and is really a important element of the strategy.
To partner the team’s two key stakeholder communities, Client Risk and Coverage, supporting the former in executing and developing their client strategies and both according of credit analysis-relevant matters.
Timely drafting of credit analysis as directed by the relevant Team Leader. Such analysis ought to be Insightful, Succinct and relevant you need to include the following, inter alia:
- Discussion of the type and dynamics of the Client’s industry, including key risk aspects;
- Assessment of the Client’s competitive positioning within its industry;
- Discussion of management strength, track and experience record and corporate governance more broadly;
- Articulation of the Client’s strategy and an assessment of its clarity and associated execution risks;
- Assessment of funding strategy, financial policy, treasury activity (hedging, cash management) and liquidity;
- Development of an ongoing /;
- Assessment of balance sheet strength, alongside cashflow and profitability vulnerability, via ratio analysis and/or stress testing;
- Discussion of other pertinent risk aspects, including country risk, parental and/or governmental linkage/support, relative ranking of indebtedness, Fraud risk;
- Evaluation of risks connected with particular proposed transactions, where required;
forward year base forecast performance expectation
- Completion of Group Mandate/BCA Part 1, Part 2, financial analysis/spreads, scorecards;
- Ensure usage of appropriate calculator in alignment with Credit Policy for relevant approvals (e.g. Raptor, Group Aggregation Calculator);
- Complete ESRA (Environment and Social Risk Assessment) Checklist;
- For Cat 2 lines, complete Financial Markets Appropriateness
- For Cat 2 lines, Credit Term Sheet updates predicated on RM/Risk feedback;
- Supporting business on structuring deals;
- Documentation support on credit aspects and dealing with IMO on BCA reworks;
- Testing and Monitoring Covenants & Risk Triggers;
- EAR & ASTAR reporting/updates to credit;
- Seek pre-approval endorsements(where applicable);
- Preparing country specific regulatory check-lists (where applicable);
- Credit stress testing
- CCC Certification
Preparation of other analysis as directed by the relevant Team Leader, such as for example Industry specific reviews, portfolio reviews, assessments of new prospects etc.
- Support CA Team Leaders among others in the united team on random projects, strategic initiatives and exercises targeted at improving or enhancing the team’s activities
- Continually make an effort to share key relevant knowledge and learnings with others over the team
- Provide credit specific coaching to newer or less experienced members of the team
According of Clients where in fact the role-holder is assigned as analyst:
- Proactive tabs on key entity or industry wide events and/or developments, in addition to of risk and covenants triggers where applicable
- Partnering Relationship Managers in pursuing their client strategies through proactive idea generation, support in preparing materials for client discussion and through ensuring they’re always fully briefed on key risk aspects
- Partnering Risk through clear presentation of credit analysis and proposed credit grading, in addition to through proactive and considered discussion of key risk aspects
- Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, within general due diligence according of credit analysis
- Acting as a broader point of expertise according of credit aspects with others and Product across SCB
Maintaining integrity in analysis at fine times is critical. This consists of frequent and iterative discussion with both Client Risk and Coverage around draft analysis, key sector / geographic trends, in addition to discussion of covenants, risk triggers and so on. It involves proactive idea discussion and generation with Client Coverage around potential work at home opportunities for SCB, assisting both Client Risk and Coverage around transaction structuring and execution, where relevant, and alerting and identifying stakeholders of emerging risk aspects on a continuing basis.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Code and Values of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the best standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This consists of understanding and ensuring compliance with, in spirit and letter, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the combined group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, compliance and conduct matters.
and collaboratively identify
- GAMs, RAMs, FAMs
- Product partners
- CDD, where relevant
- Legal, Compliance and audit, where relevant
- Physical Commodity Operations, where relevant
- Rating Agencies
- Market Data Services providers
- Analytical strength – to identify emerging risks, specifically looking industry trends forward.
- Gravitas – to engage with Relationship Clients and Managers alike, be capable of challenge in a constructive manner.
- Collaborative – to work together with stakeholders to ‘get things done’, fulfilling the work Purpose
Experience & Skills:
- Fresh Graduate or relevant experience gained either in banking, accounting or treasury environment
- Strong analytical ability, centered on the assessment and calibration of credit risk
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven capability to work across cultures and inside a dynamic environment
- In a position to hold credible dialogue at all known degrees of the organisation, in addition to with clients
- Well organized, in a position to multi-task and balance competing demands
Educational Qualifications :
- Graduates / Graduate calibre
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial principles gained by qualification
- MBA qualifications advantageous, however, not required
Connect with join the Bank for all those with big career ambitions now.
To view info on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Apply for this job Click here