Assistant Specialist – FM Civil & Home furniture /Polisher
Change lives each day
THE WORK Opportunity
The objective of the role would be to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown upkeep on civil functions or within a technical team separately, within a designated section of Dubai Airports, whilst making sure minimum disruption to the airport terminal operations. You ought to be able to perform all safety and specialized instructions from staff, to comply with procedures and policy.
This role is really a at the mercy of contract award and additional details will be disclosed at a afterwards stage.
Serco includes a profound knowing of the spot, having been working in the centre East since 1947 (for a lot more than seven years), where it harnesses global expertise, delivered on an area level.
- Capability to comply with all general and specialized safety requirements at fine times to guarantee the health, basic safety & welfare of personal and others at function.
- Any other are designated by the supervisor / duty engineer to attain the purpose.
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of civil works drawings (schematic & layout drawing).
- Knowledge in the utilization & interpretation of International and Local Standards and Regulations.
What we have been looking for inside our candidates:
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within own team and all sub-contractors and suppliers engaged on Projects work
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to provide all use appropriate governance and quality standards.
- Ensure integrity and security of most data provided including reporting performance, customer and finance information, reference Serco non-disclosure policy.
- To exercise personal duty of look after their own health, welfare and safety and for all those suffering from their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements.
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process.
- SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL Certificate or Industrial Training Institute Certificate Diploma in finishing and polishing or equivalent.
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Current valid UAE driving licence is desirable.
- Minimum three (3) year experience within facility management Civil & Furniture /Polisher environment.
- Airport experience is recognized as added advantage because of this position.
- Ability to talk to staff, customers and stakeholders in oral and written English.
- Working knowledge in using MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point).
- Capability to perform safely and correctly the next:
- Usage of polishing hand and power tools
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Breakdown maintenance (BD)
- Wood stripping
- Surface repairs (graining and colouring)
- Grain Filling
- French polishing (skimming in / bodying up / final finish)
Dealing with Serco
At Serco, not only may be the nature of the ongoing work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We have been a team of 50,000 people in charge of delivering essential public services round the global world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, citizen and healthcare services. We are innovators, focused on improving and redesigning public services for the advantage of everyone.
By joining Serco you should have unlimited usage of our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues that are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in everything you do
Serco is focused on Equal OCCUPATIONS and is focused on ensuring the safety of most of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Apply for this job Click here