Assistant Specialist – FM Civil & Home furniture/ Carpenter
Change lives each day
THE WORK Opportunity
The objective of the role would be to carryout preventative, corrective and breakdown upkeep within a facilities administration civil works section, or within a technical team separately, within a designated section of Dubai Airports, whilst making sure minimal disruption to the airport operations. You ought to be able to perform all safety and specialized instructions from staff, to comply with procedures and policy.
This role is really a at the mercy of contract award and additional details will be disclosed at a afterwards stage.
Serco includes a profound knowing of the spot, having been working in the centre East since 1947 (for a lot more than seven years), where it harnesses global expertise, delivered on an area level.
- Capability to comply with all general and specialized safety requirements at fine times to guarantee the health, basic safety & welfare of personal and others at function.
- Any other are designated by the supervisor / duty engineer to attain the purpose.
- Can study interpret and describe the efficiency of civil functions drawings (schematic & design drawing)
- Information in the make use of & interpretation of Worldwide and Local Specifications and Regulations.
What we are searching for inside our candidates:
- Promoting a Zero Damage culture within own group and all sub-contractors and providers engaged on Projects function
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Administration System and all appropriate business processes, processes and work directions to deliver all use appropriate high quality and governance specifications
- Ensure integrity and security of most information provided including reporting efficiency, customer and finance information; reference Serco non-disclosure plan
- To physical exercise personal duty of look after their own health, welfare and security and for those suffering from their acts or even omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE duties
- Ensure compliance with all training specifications of Serco and guarantee adherence to these needs
- Record any accidents, incidents, breaches or possible breaches to appropriate administration or the talk up process
- SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL Industrial or Certificat Teaching Institute Certificate Diploma in Carpentry or equivalent.
- IOSH Functioning Safely Certificate or comparative.
- Current legitimate UAE driving licence will be desirable
- Minimum three (3) yr experience within facility administration civil works or comparable environment.
- Airport experience is recognized as added advantage because of this position.
- Ability to talk to staff, customers and stakeholders in oral and written English.
- Working knowledge in using MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point)
- Ability to perform and correctly the following safely
- Usage of carpentry hand and power tools
- Planned preventative maintenance (PM) routines
- Corrective maintenance (CM)
- Breakdown maintenance (BD)
- Fitting and Hanging doors
- Fitting ironmongery (locks and handles and hinges)
- Fitting curved and raking coving
- Fitting skirting, architrave, mitres
- Cladding and pipe boxing
- Fitting sanitary base units fittings, worktops, plinths and end-panels
Dealing with Serco
At Serco, not only may be the nature of the ongoing work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We have been a team of 50,000 people in charge of delivering essential public services round the global world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We have been innovators, focused on improving and redesigning public services for the advantage of everyone.
By joining Serco you should have unlimited usage of our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues that are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in everything you do
Serco is focused on Equal OCCUPATIONS and is focused on ensuring the safety of most of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Apply for this job Click here