/ Job Look at
رئيس قسم الخدمات الادارية
جامعة الإمارات العربية المتحدة
Al Ain, UAE
Posted 2021/04/04 06:14:46
Overall Objective of the work
- Manage and lead the ongoing work of technical services units of Acquisitions and Cataloguing.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Coordinate and offer leadership to Librarian Specialists (Cataloguing and Acquisitions) on technical issues including standards for cataloguing.
Lead the implementation and maintenance of the library systems platform as system user together with the Libraries’ Digital Library Team.
To donate to the development of policies and practices for the effective description and discovery of library resources (printed, original and electronic)
To advise and choose appropriate tools and systems with the aim of making the libraries’ collections accessible.
To play an active role in ensuring the quality of the catalogue database through, among other mechanisms, authority checking. ·
Produce reports on collections and bibliographic records as requested by UAEU Libraries Management Team
Donate to the Libraries’ Strategic Planning and Reporting.
Other duties as assigned.
- Professional library science qualification at tertiary degree level.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Understanding of UAEU Libraries’ goals and context.
- Understanding of current library science theory and practice best.
- Understanding of current teaching technology and methodology.
- Leadership skills.
- Fluent Arabic and English spoken and written communication skills
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
Sub Job Title
Unit Head, Technical Services
Years of Experience
Apply for this job: Click here